DALLAS, PA — One of the largest barns in Pennsylvania hosts wedding receptions on one floor and houses horses in the basement. The barn is owned by Allison and Rob Friedman and is located near Dallas. The barn is 190 feet long, 40 feet wide and 40 feet high.
The barn was built by W.T. Payne, in 1912 and extended to its current length in 1927. Payne owned the Boston Coal Company. Dallas sits on the fringe of the northern field of the Anthracite Coal Region about 10 miles northwest of Wilkes-Barre.
The grandest area of the interior is the part that was added in 1927. The room soars upwards to 30 feet at the gable and it is in this room where wedding receptions are held. Exposed post and beams add to the grandeur of the room. One can step on to a deck that overlooks the horse paddocks and the chapel nearby or climb up to a loft and look out over the reception area.