Union Township man injured in car, garage fire

From CDT staff reportsJune 13, 2013 

A Union Township man suffered burns to his arms when a fire started on a car he was working on Thursday and spread to a pickup truck and his garage.

The Citizen’s Hook and Ladder fire company responded to the fire, which was reported at 5:44 p.m. at 161 Shadow Lane.

Fire Chief Brad Burns said something created a spark that ignited gasoline. The fire ended up melting some siding on the garage.

The man was checked at the scene by Bellefonte EMS, Burns said.

Tanker trucks from the Port Matilda and Snow Shoe fire companies also responded.

Centre Daily Times is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service