Do you have a waffle iron? If not, you may want to consider making pancakes. Waffles can be a versatile food, served for breakfast with your favorite topping, or as a dinner entree topped with something like chicken gravy.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Non-stick cooking spray
Remember to wash your hands before cooking and to clean your work surface. Please make sure there’s an adult in the kitchen before preparing the recipe.
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl until fluffy.
3. Beat in the rest of the ingredients until smooth.
4. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Carefully pour batter onto hot waffle iron.
6. Cook until done, following the waffle iron instructions.
If you want to serve several people at one time, put the finished waffles on a cooking sheet and place into a warm oven (200 – 250 degrees) until ready to serve.
Total Servings: 6
Per Serving: 382 calories, 22 g fat, 76 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Source: Adapted from Allrecipes.com