One taken to hospital after Ferguson Township fire

From CDT staff reportsOctober 11, 2013 

One person was taken to the hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation after a fire broke out Friday morning at a home on South Nixon Road.

Alpha Fire Chief Keith Yocum said the fire started in the second floor of the Ferguson Township home. The residence sustained smoke damage, but is believed to be salvageable.

Several nearby farm buildings were not affected.

Yocum said that the homeowner was taken to the hospital, but no other injuries were reported.

A state police fire marshal had been called to the scene. An investigation is ongoing, and no other information was available.

Centre Daily Times is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service