Fire breaks out at Parkway Plaza apartments

From CDT staff reportsNovember 15, 2013 

No one was injured when a small fire started Friday afternoon on the balcony of a top floor apartment in State College.

Alpha firefighters said residents were able to extinguish the fire before crews arrived to the Parkway Plaza complex at about 2:30 p.m.

A neighbor apparently flicked a cigarette butt that landed on the balcony, catching items on fire, said Assistant Fire Chief Jeff Martin.

Martin said the fire was accidental.

Centre Daily Times is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service