Fire damages Pleasant Gap home; no injuries reported

From CDT staff reportsDecember 10, 2013 

A fire badly damaged a Pleasant Gap home late Friday night, and its occupants and their pets evacuated safely.

According to the Pleasant Gap Fire Department, a fire began in the basement of a home on the 200 block of Whitman Avenue at 10:30 p.m. Firefighters began dousing the flames, but live electric wires halted the operation until the power company could disconnect them.

Crews then were able to knock down the fire. The residents are being assisted by the American Red Cross with emergency shelter and immediate needs, according to the fire department.

Crews remained at the scene until approximately 1:30 a.m. Saturday.

Centre Daily Times is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service