• Bedford Springs Old Course, Bedford (off I-99 and Route 30); one of nation’s first courses, now fully restored, www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/BedfordSprings/Golf.aspx.
• Buck Hills Golf Club, Buck Hills (off Route 447 north of I-80); open since 1907 in the Poconos,
• Golf Course at
, Glen Mills (off Turnpike near Philadelphia); hosted U.S. Open qualifier in 2006,
• Great Bear, East Stroudsburg (I-80 exit 309, Poconos); designed by golf legend Jack Nicklaus, www.greatbeargc.com.
• Nemacolin Woodlands (Mystic Rock), Farmington (Turnpike to Routes 119 to Route 40); two popular courses, Mystic Rock (PGA) and The Links (par-70), www.nemacolin.com/golf.
• Olde Stonewall, Ellwood City (I-79 North to Exit 83), rated No. 1 in state by Golfweek; www.oldestonewall.com.
• Penn National (Founders), Fayetteville (off I-81 and I-70), 36 challenging holes near Gettysburg; www.penngolf.com.
• Raven’s Claw, Pottstown (off Route 422 north of Philadelphia); opened in 2005, called a “top new course” by Golf Digest, www.ravensclawgolfclub.com.
• Tom’s Run at Chestnut Ridge, Blairsville (off Route 22); two 18-hole courses plus spa and dining, www.chestnutridgeresort.com.
• Whispering Woods Golf Club, Erie (I-79 to I-90 W, exit 18); scenic course on rolling hills,