A number of regional artists will have their chance to show off their studios and works this weekend with self-guided tour of potters’ workspaces and the Art Alliance’s Fall Colors Studio Tour.
The Art Alliance’s annual event showcases more than 29 artists’ creative spaces and galleries, starting with the alliance’s art center the the Gallery Shop. Participating artists on the Fall Colors Studio Tour include:• The Gallery Shop, 824 Pike St., Lemont, 867-0442, www.gallery-shop.com: a retail art and craft shop home to works by more than 50 regional artisans.
• Pernille Sporon Boving’s Boomerang Glass Art, 930 Robin Road, State College, info@boomerangglass art.com, 777-0933: fused glass pieces for indoors and outdoors display.
• Jim Cartey’s studio, 180 Houser Road, Centre Hall, 360-0180: impressionistic watercolors.
• Mike Demi (acrylic paintings and pencil drawings), Mary-Cady Rubenstein (wood carvings and painted reliefs), Ellen Reddy (functional stoneware), Jim Bright (wood, bronze and marble sculptures) and Jennifer Hartzler (figurative oil paintings), Rhoneymeade Sculpture Garden and Arboretum, 177 Rimmey Road, Centre Hall: demonstrations and displays by the arcrylic/pencil drawings.
• Diane Maurer‘s workshop, 137 Water St., Spring Mills, www.dinaemaurer.com: nature-inspired collage.
• Green Drake Gallery and Art Center, 101B W. Main St., Millheim, http://greendrakeart.com: fine art and crafts, and live music and artist demonstrations.
• Scot Paterson, Aaronsburg Pottery, 200 W. Plum St., Aaronsburg, www.aaronsburgpottery.com: functional wheel-thrown stoneware.
• Yong Sook Kim-Lambert, 4109 Juniata St., Birmingham, www.yongsooklambert.com: on Oct. 21 only, abstract subjects and figures coupled with unsettling environments.
• Alice Kelsey, 637 Lovevill Road, Warriors Mark, www.alicekelsey.com: dmonstrations and display featuring nature-inspired oil paintings and pastels.
• Kevin Rees’ KR Designs in Wood, 1283 University Drive, State College, 278-1914, firstname.lastname@example.org: demonstrations and display of recycled functional wood-carved items.
• Harriet M. Rosenberg, 241 S. Academy St., Boalsburg, 466-7784, www.harrietrosenberg.com: demonstration and display of paper cuts, photos and collages.
• Nicole Packard (artistic mapping) and C. Barton McCann School of Art, 4144 Miller Road, Petersburg, http://nmpackard21.wix.com/nicolepackard, 667-2538, www.mccannart.org: demos and displays in a unique environment that encourages creativity.
• Sean Bodley’s Mount Nittany Studio, 360 Mount Nittany Road, Lemont, 414-334-1799, www.seanbodley.com: oils and landscapes based on real-life images.
• Jason Bloom, 1216 Mudlick Road, Julian, 933-2049, email@example.com: demos of functional and decorative stoneware featuringn a variety of techniques.
• Staci Egan and Abbey Caldwell at Contempo Artisan Boutique, 108 S. Church St., Boalsburg, 769-9398, contempoartisanboutique.com: nature-inspired jewelry using semi-precious stones and freshwater pearls and handmade children’s clothing and knits.
• Sylvia Apple (handpainted fiber art), Bob Baumbach (landscape and wildlife photography), Jean Giddings (mixed-media paintings and collages), Joan Koester (paintings and drawings), Jim Mikkelsen (carved wood bowls and sculptures) and Lena Thynell (watercolor paintings), The Granary, Mount Nittany Road, Lemont, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://rmbaumbach.wix.com, email@example.com, www.facebook.com/joeankoesterart, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.lenathynell.com: mass demonstration and display.
• Beverly Klutcher’s workspace, 840 Saxton Drive, State College, www.beverlyklutcher.com, 238-3400: impressionistic realism and plein air oil paintings.
A number of potters also will open their studios to the public, including:• Bob Bonnet’s Ambrose Pottery, Wrigden Run Road, Ambrose
• Josh Floyd’s Brush Valley Pottery at Wild Apple Pond Studio, 267-Steffy Road, Marion Center, floydpots.etsy.com
• East Creek Studio, 2575 East Creek Road, Rochester Mills
• Michael Smithhammer’s FMS Studio, 625 Lutz School Road, Indiana
• Cathy Bizousky’s Full of Grace Pottery, 841 Reams Road, Indiana, 724-349-9125
• Little Mahoninc Creek Pottery by Nancy Smeltzer, 87 Clarion St., Smicksburg, www.nancysmeltzer.etsy.com
• Stoke Hole Pottery by Birch and Debra Frew with guest potter Brett Freund, 841 Reams Road, Indiana, 724-349-1557
• Windblown Studio by Rita Nichols with guest potter Fred Wilbur, 596 Wulfert Road, Rochester Mills, 724-286-9741
• Wild Apple Pond Studio, 267 Steffy Road, Marion Center, 724-397-2769