No fear, the Centre Region will play host to a variety of Halloween-themed events starting this weekend. Whether it’s a haunted attraction or a tour of a cave bedecked in orange and black, there are plenty of events for adults and children to choose from.
For the most part, Halloween is for children, and the variety of events catering to young people dominate the schedule. In addition to Centre Region Parks and Recreation’s annual Halloween Costume Parade, kids might find amusement with not-so-scary tours through Penn’s Cave and Lincoln Caverns or can cut a rug with child-centric carnivals or safety-first trick-or-treating nights.
Adults without small children can wait until dark to attend one of the region’s haunted attractions, such as a haunted house at Murarik Motorsports’ haunted house, Spookhaven in Lock Haven or Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology’s Towers of Terror.
Check out these events:
• “Get Lost!” Haunted Miners Maze, 6 p.m. Oct. 18-19 and 25-26, Penn’s Cave and Wildlife Park, 222 Penns Cave Road, Centre Hall. www.pennscave.com, 364-1664
• Halloween-themed train ride, 6 and 8 p.m. Oct. 18, train station, Bellefonte. www.bellefontetrain.org
• Towers of Terror, 6:30 p.m. Oct. 18-19, Centre County Public Safety Training Center, 391 N. Harrison Road, Pleasant Gap. 359-2793, www.facebook.com/towersofterrorhauntedhouse
• Spookhaven Haunted House, 7-10 p.m. Oct. 18-19 and 25-26, 100 Danis St., Mill Hall. www.spookhaven.com
• Murder Mystery at Baker Mansion, 7-10 p.m. Oct. 18, Baker Mansion, 3419 Oak Lane, Altoona. 942-3916
• Halloween Daze and Spooky Knights, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Oct. 19-20 and 26-27, Mount Hope Estate, state Route 72, Manheim. www.parenfaire.com• Haunted Bog Walk for Kids, 7 p.m. Oct. 19, Black Moshannon State Park, 4216 Beaver Road, Philipsburg, www.apps.dcnr.state.pa.us/calendar/view_event.asp?CalendarID=33013&Location=List
• American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life Halloween party fundraiser, 8 p.m.-midnight Oct. 19, Black Walnut Body Works, 1620 Zion Road, Bellefonte. firstname.lastname@example.org• Halloween Parade, Oct. 20, downtown Bellefonte, 355-2917
• Ghost Tour and Feast, 4-9 p.m. Oct. 20, Village Eatinghouse, 105 S. Main St., Pleasant Gap, 548-7380, www.villageeatinghouse.net. Reservations required
• Fifth annual Trick-or-Treat Night, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Oct. 22, Penn State All-Sports Museum, Beaver Stadium, University Park. www.gopsusports.com/museum, 865-0044• Penn State Forensic Science Club’s Haunted Prison, 8-11 p.m. Oct. 24-25 and 27, Spruce and Pine cottages, University Park, www.facebook.com/events/423678701088065
• Ghost Walk haunted attraction, 7-10 p.m. Oct. 25-26, Royer Mansion, 3909 Piney Creek Road, Williamsburg. 942-3916
• Haunted house, 8-11 pm. Oct. 25 and 7-10 p.m. Oct. 26, Murarik’s Motorsports, 1410 E. Presqueisle St., Philipsburg. 342-3773
• Children’s Halloween trail, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 26-27, Shaver’s Creek Environmental Center, 3400 Discovery Road, Petersburg. www.shaverscreek.org
• Halloween Carnival, noon-2 p.m. Oct. 26, First Baptist Church, Second Street parking lot, Philipsburg. 342-3103
• Halloween Carnival, 3-6 p.m. Oct. 26, YMCA of Centre County Moshannon Valley, 113 N. 14th St., Philipsburg. 342-0889• Fifth annual Greek -or-Treat, 3 p.m. Oct. 27, Fraternity Row and Fairmount Avenue, State College, email@example.com
• “Safe and Seen in the Ballpark” trick-or-treating event, 4-6 p.m. Oct. 27, Medlar Field at Lubrano Park, University Park, www.centrelifelink.com, 237-8163
• 2013 Halloween Costume Parade, 6:30 p.m. lineup; 7 p.m. stepoff Oct. 27, Burrowes Street, State College, www.crpr.org
• Trick-or-Treat Night, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31, State College borough, and College, Ferguson, Harris and Patton townships. www.crpr.org• Trick-or-Treat Night, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31, throughout Bellefonte, bellefontechamber.org
• “Let It Shine Safe Trick-or-Treat Event,” 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31, Mount Nittany United Methodist Church, 1500 E. Branch Road, State College, 237-3549
• Haunted Theatre maze, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 31-Nov. 2, Pavilion Theatre, University Park. www.theatre.psu.edu
• Ghost Walk, 5-10 p.m. Nov. 2, throughout Philipsburg. 343-1812. Reservations required