Local artist Sarah Pollock’s original oil and pastel paintings will be on display at Mount Nittany Medical Center. Pollock’s work depicts people and places she has observed through her travels.
- When: Feb. 1-March 31
- Where: Mount Nittany Medical Center, 1800 E. Park Ave., State College
- Info: www.sarahpollock.com
Never miss a local story.
The Nittany Wind Quintet will perform at the Centre County Library Historical Museum as part of the Sunday Afternoons at the Library series. The quintet features Susan Kroeker on flute, Barry Kroeker on oboe, Mark Weaveron clarinet, James Dunne on horn and Carly Andriaccio on bassoon.
- When: 2:30 p.m. Jan. 31
- Where: Centre County Library Historical Museum, 203 N. Allegheny St., Bellefonte
- Info: www.centrecountylibrary.org
See how communities across the globe are tackling climate change during a free screening of the documentary, “This Changes Everything.” Penn State faculty will participate in panel discussions after both screenings.
- When: 7-9:30 p.m. Feb. 3-4
- Where: The State Theatre, 130 W. College Ave., State College
- Info: www.thestatetheatre.org
Essence of Joy, soloists and ensembles from the Penn State School of Music and more are all part of the free African American Music Festival. Above, Diane L. White-Clayton performs during the 2014 festival.
- When: through Jan. 30
- Where: various locations, University Park
- Info: www.music.psu.edu/african-american-music-festival