So what is goo? It’s a rubbery, blubbery, homemade concoction that stretches, squishes and bounces. It’s also the end result of a classic experiment that lets you see an amazing chemical reaction.
YOU WILL NEED
• 8 ounces of white glue (we used Elmer’s)
Never miss a local story.
• Acrylic paint
• Several cups of water
• Borax laundry booster
• Large airtight container
1. Combine the glue, 4 to 5 tablespoons of the acrylic paint and 3/4 cup of water in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of borax and 1/4 cup of water.
3. Pour the borax mixture into the glue mixture and stir until a blob forms. Don’t worry if the blob looks a little stringy; it will smooth out on its own.
4. Remove the blob from the mixture, press it into a ball and place it in the container.
5. Make another batch of the borax and water and pour it into the remaining glue mixture, forming another blob.
6. Repeat this process until all of the glue mixture is gone.