One person was taken to the hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation after a fire broke out Friday morning at a home on South Nixon Road.
Alpha Fire Chief Keith Yocum said the fire started in the second floor of the Ferguson Township home. The residence sustained smoke damage, but is believed to be salvageable.
Several nearby farm buildings were not affected.
Yocum said that the homeowner was taken to the hospital, but no other injuries were reported.
Never miss a local story.
A state police fire marshal had been called to the scene. An investigation is ongoing, and no other information was available.