The following are schedule changes for Wednesday’s New Year’s Day holiday:
• Federal, state, Centre County, Centre Region Council of Governments, State College, Bellefonte offices: Closed
Never miss a local story.
• Potter Township office: Closed
• Liquor stores: Closed
• Post office: Closed. Automated Postal Center open
All county schools closed through Thursday
All driver license and photo centers closed. Driver and vehicle products and services available at www.dmv.state.pa.us.
• Penn State’s Pattee and Paterno Libraries closed. For more information, visitwww.libraries.psu.edu/hours
or call 865-3063. Regular hours resume Jan. 13.
• Centre County Library branches and bookmobile: Closed.
• Schlow Centre Region Library: Closed.
Mount Nittany Physician Group: Closed.
Garbage and recycling
• Advanced Disposal customers in Benner, College, Ferguson, Harris and Patton townships: No collection Wednesday. Refuse and recycling collection will be delayed one day for customers whose service day falls on or after the holiday. Regular collection schedules resume next week. Christmas trees will be collected for recycling next week on customers’ regular collection days. Remove decorations.
• Bellefonte: Customers whose garbage and recycling normally is picked up on Wednesday will instead have pickup on Thursday.
• Centre County Transfer Station: Closed.
• Potter Township: Through Jan. 31, holiday trees will be recycled from the designated area next to the township building on Short Road. Remove all decorations.
• Newman Hill Inc.: No collection Wednesday
• State College: No refuse or recycling collection Wednesday. Refuse and recycling normally scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday will be delayed one day, with Wednesday’s customers collected Thursday, and Thursday’s customers collected Friday. There is no scheduled bulk and brush collection this week. The next scheduled bulk and brush collection will be Monday.