Seven Centre County companies are finalists for the Governor’s Impact Awards, which recognize companies and individuals investing and creating jobs in Pennsylvania.
In central Pennsylvania, 25 companies are among the finalists out of 43 originally nominated.
“This year’s program drew an excellent group of nominees whose achievements were all outstanding,” said Betsy Lockwood, Central Region PREP coordinator, in a news release.
PREP, or Partners for Regional Economic Performance, is a network of business assistance providers working together to coordinate economic development efforts, according to the news release.
There are five Impact Award categories:
• Community Impact, which includes finalistWebster’s Bookstore and Cafe
in State College;
• Entrepreneur Impact, which includes Todd Erdley, ofVideon Central
Inc. in State College; Don Heaney, ofAdvanced Powder Products
in Philipsburg; and Brian Hoopsick, ofPSR Inc
. in Philipsburg;
• Export Impact, which includesAcousticSheep
LLC, in Bellefonte, andSilcoTek
, in Benner Township;
• Jobs First, which includesMission Critical Partners Inc
., of Port Matilda; and
• Small Business, which did not include any Centre County companies on the finalist list.
Winners will be announced at the a luncheon in Hershey on May 30.