Fire damages Potter Township home
A Potter Township home was damaged in a fire Sunday.
The incident was reported at 3:34 p.m., when a woman at 203 Chestnut St., near the intersection of state Route 144 and U.S. Route 322, noticed smoke in the dwelling and called emergency services.
Centre Hall Fire Department was on the scene by 3:40 p.m., Chief Harry Hockenberry said. Gregg Township, Miles Township, Boalsburg, Rebersburg and Alpha fire companies and Penns Valley EMS also responded to the call.
Never miss a local story.
The fire was under control by 5 p.m., Hockenberry said. Most of the damage to the structure was caused by smoke, but it also suffered fire and water damage, he said.
The woman was the only person in the house and no injuries were reported, he said.
There was no indication of the cause of the fire on scene, Hockenberry said, but an investigation will be conducted by a state police fire marshal.