Former Penn State President Graham Spanier penned his signature on lieutenant governor hopeful Jay Paterno’s nomination petition.
Spanier’s name appears on page nine of the Centre County signatures that Paterno turned in to the state elections office last week. Paterno is one of six candidates seeking the Democratic nomination.
Paterno was an assistant coach under his father, Joe Paterno. Spanier and Joe Paterno were fired by the board of trustees Nov. 9, 2011, in the aftermath of the Jerry Sandusky scandal.
Among other public figures or notable Dems in Centre County who signed the petitions are:• Centre County District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller.
• Centre County Coroner Scott Sayers.
• Longtime state representative Ruth Rudy.
• siblings David Paterno and Mary Kay Hort.
• Former Centre County Commissioner Jon Eich.
• State College Area school board members Amber Concepcion and Laurel Zydney.
• Centre County Prothonotary Debra Immel.
The petitions can be downloaded here: https://www.pavoterservices.state.pa.us/ElectionInfo/CandidateInfo.aspx?ID=12067.