Penn State put out a reminder Friday for those attending the 95th homecoming game Saturday.
The noon kickoff against Northwestern is expected to cause “heavy inbound traffic near Beaver Stadium,” according to the university.
Gameday parking lots will open at 7 a.m. Coach James Franklin and the team will arrive on Curtin Road at 9:30 a.m. Public gates will open at 10:30 a.m.
The university issued the following tips to help ticketholders and tailgaters, as well as those just driving through the Centre Region:
• Non-football traffic should avoid Park Avenue. Non-football-bound vehicles should use an alternative route east/west. Travel on Park Avenue will be restricted at 7 a.m.
• Fans attempting to buy a day-of-game parking permit will be directed to lots on Bigler Road (Lot 11 and East Deck) if coming west from Atherton Street and on Orchard Road (Lot 26). for those coming from the east
• Day-of-game parking permit sales off Porter Road are limited and expected to sell out quickly. There aren’t any day-of-game parking permit sales off University Drive. Fans should proceed through campus or to Atherton and turn onto Park Avenue eastbound to be directed to Lot 11 or the East Parking Deck.
• Fans with prepurchased parking permits should look at the back of their permits for directions. Permits must be displayed on windshields.
• Pennsylvania Sports Network affiliates (Pa. Sports Saturday, 8 a.m.-noon)
• Penn State Sports Network affiliates (network Tailgate show begins at 10:30 a.m.)
• Radio stations: ESPN Radio1450 AM, 93.7 FM, 95.3 FM
• Twitter: @GoPSUsports1; @penn_state;
Fans also can call 800-NITTANY, the athletics customer relations center, from 7 a.m. until one hour after the game ends.
Public and special student $40 tickets are available for the Northwestern game. The Beaver Stadium ticket office near Gate E will open at 8 a.m. Saturday.
The Penn State-Northwestern game will be televised on BTN.