Penn State continues to see robust growth in applications for admission to the university next year.
Penn State President Rodney Erickson gave a quick update during Friday’s board of trustees meeting in Hershey. Here are the stats:
• applications for bachelor’s programs are up 9,000 over this time last year;
Never miss a local story.
• the breakdown is 19 percent more applications for the University Park campus and 8 percent more at other campuses in the system;
• average SAT scores are 20 points higher for applicants than what the university got last year at this time;
• graduate applications are up 5 percent, with law school applications up 13 percent and medical school applications up 18 percent;
• and the College of Medicine received 8,800 applications for 145 spaces in this fall’s class.