This year we are offering you a challenge rather than a quiz.
We are asking you to get to know some VIP’s. That’s the Very Important People whose dedication, hard work and perseverance make the great Grange Fair happen.
You will need a device that takes a picture, be it a camera, a phone, or other electronic device. You will need to be in the picture yourself, accompanied by one of the VIPs listed below.
Get as many pictures as you can, bring them to the Emporium to be verified, and you will be entered in the contest.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Centre Daily Times
Scores are based on the total number of different categories of VIPs that you have pictured. If there are ties, a random drawing will determine the winner.
You can only enter once and once your have submitted your entry, you will not be able to add to it. The deadline for entry is Wednesday, Aug. 28 at noon. Winners will be announced that evening.
We hope you enjoy meeting all these wonderful folks. Please be courteous when you ask the VIP if she or he will join you in the picture and be sure to say thanks for all they do.
You can have your picture taken with:
1. A gate admission ticket seller
2. A parking crew member
3. A grounds crew member
4. A fairgrounds EMT or first-aid nurse
5. A ride ticket seller
6. A ride operator
7. A concessionaire
8. A staff member at a food concession
9. A 4-H exhibitor and the item/animal exhibited
10. An FFA exhibitor and the item/animal exhibited
11. A livestock judge and one of the animals she/he has judged in the Livestock Arena
12. A playground crew member
13. A Grange Exhibit Building security observer
14. A Competition Track tractor driver
15. A tram operator
16. A stage crew member
17. A rest room attendant
18. A staff member at a game concession
19. A Boy Scout parking lot clean-up crew member
20. A security squad member
21. A horticulture, needlecraft or handicraft exhibitor and item exhibited
22. A Centre County Cooperative Extension agent
23. A Grange Fair librarian
24. A headquarters staff member
25. A member of the media and newspaper/radio/TV station she/he represents
26. A member of the Committee for the Centre County Grange Encampment and Fair