Here’s a hearty, easy breakfast that you prepare the night before. You may want to serve with a mixed fruit cup and cinnamon or regular toast.
6 ounces ground sausage
5 slices bread, crust removed
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Centre Daily Times
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup low fat milk
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Remember to wash your hands before cooking and to clean your work surface. Make sure there’s an adult in the kitchen before preparing the recipe.
1. In a skillet, cook sausage until browned. Drain well on paper towel.
2. Cube or tear bread into small pieces and place into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add to the bread sausage, eggs, milk and cheese.
4. Lightly coat an 8x8 inch pan with cooking spray. Add egg mixture, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Ready to bake the next day:
5. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes or until brown.
6. To serve, cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers.
Serving size:1/6 casserole. Serving per recipe: 6
Per serving, Calories: 250; total fat 13 g; saturated fat: 5 g; cholesterol: 150 mg; sodium: 450 mg; carbohydrates: 15 g; dietary fiber: 0; protein: 15 g.