MADISONBURG — A chimney fire destroyed a two-story home tonight at 214 Madisonburg Pike, as dozens of firefighters battled freezing temperatures.
The fire started around 5:30 p.m. Owner Melvin Fisher and his wife, Susan, were home at the time and escaped safely. Dozens of friends and neighbors came to scene to aid the Amish couple and provided hot coffee, tea and cocoa to firefighters.
For the full story, read Monday’s Centre Daily Times or visit www.centredaily.com.
Dena Pauling can be reached at 231-4619.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.