About 1,700 State College residents were without power Monday night, while crews worked to find a fault in a circuit line.
Equipment trouble at a substation temporarily left 5,000 State College residents without power around 2:45 p.m. Monday, and all but 1,700 customers had their power back by 4:30 p.m., Allegheny Power communications director Doug Colafella said Monday night.
There are two circuit lines that come out of that substation and both lost power, Colafella said. He said when the lines were re-energized, “one came right back on, and half of the other came back on.”
Around 9 p.m. it was reported that those 1,700 customers in the areas of Waupelani Drive, Stratford Drive, Whitehall Road and Blue Course Drive had their power restored.Colafella said power lines in that area are mostly underground, which makes repairs more time consuming and difficult.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Around 7:30 p.m. a State College man reported feeling ill after a carbon monoxide alarm sound in his home, but Alpha firefighters at the scene said it did not appear to be related to the outages.There was power in the home, 1161 Williams St. Medics checked the man at the scene and did not take him to the hospital.
Alpha Fire Company had low readings of carbon monoxide in the home, at 1161 Williams St., and a source for the carbon monoxide was not determined.