Approximately a dozen firefighters from Clearfield and Centre counties responded to a house fire Thursday afternoon in Chester Hill.
A fire at a one-story Laura Street residence was reported at about 1 p.m.
Chester Hill Hose Co. responded with Chief Ryan Haggans taking point.
There was little outward evidence of the fire, aside from water rolling down the street and the open windows that let the smoke escape.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Centre Daily Times
One firefighter, Bill Woolworth, did chop a hole in the roof for ventilation.
By 2 p.m., active firefighting had concluded, and Haggans was inspecting the building and deciding how to proceed with proactive measures, including whether to pull down a section of ceiling.
Haggans estimated the damage at approximately $8,000.
He called the fire accidental and said the owners were insured.