Penn State will hold Military Appreciation Day when the Nittany Lions play host to Purdue on Nov. 16 at Beaver Stadium, and active and former U.S. military personnel are invited to attend the game.
The “Seats For Soldiers” Program is offered to active and reserve military and Wounded Warriors, their direct dependents (ID card holders), and Gold Star families residing in Pennsylvania, the university announced Thursday.
Veterans Day is Monday, Nov. 11.
Fans and businesses may donate tickets for the program by calling 1-800-NITTANY weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Penn State said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Centre Daily Times
“We have public and business donors who have already purchased approximately 1,000 tickets to be distributed to military personnel for the Purdue game,” Penn State spokesman Jeff Nelson said in an email to the Centre Daily Times.
The university will host a pregame tailgate for service members and their guests, and for individuals who have contributed tickets to “Seats For Soldiers.”
At halftime of the game, ROTC elite, active-duty personnel, Wounded Warriors and veterans will be honored for their service.
More information is available from Joint Services Support at: https://www.jointservicessupport.org/Events/KioskRegistration.aspx?Mode=AddNew&Id=37608290-e298-40b4-9ee5-b0b7f739c6ba
Penn State said:
• Current service members (active or reserve) may request a game ticket and up to three additional tickets for their direct dependents (four total tickets per family) by completing the registration form at that link.
• Single service members (active or reserve) have the option to purchase one additional ticket for a guest at a reduced cost. Single service members should use the same link.
• Service members with questions should contact the State Family Program Office(717-861-2650
• Ticket requests will be reviewed for eligibility and confirmed on a first-requested, first-confirmed basis. Service members needing assistance registering should contact the State Family Program Office at the number above.
• Wounded Warriors with specific physical accommodation requests should contact the Pennsylvania National Guard Family Assistant Center Specialist at717-861-6299
• Gold Star family members should contact Martin Rafalko, survivor outreach specialist for central Pennsylvania, at717-224-5073
The Penn State-Purdue game will also feature a food drive to support the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank.
“Fans are encouraged to ‘Stuff a Blue Bus’ by dropping off canned goods at the following drop-off locations the week of the game: Bryce Jordan Center, Jeffrey Field, Medlar Field at Lubrano Park and the Central Pennsylvania Convention and Visitors Bureau,” Penn State said in a release.
The goal is to collect 10,000 pounds of food.
Penn State football tickets are available by visiting www.GoPSUsports.com/tickets, calling 1-800-NITTANY (weekdays, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.), or stopping by the Bryce Jordan Center ticket office (weekdays, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.).