No one was injured when a small fire started Friday afternoon on the balcony of a top floor apartment in State College.
Alpha firefighters said residents were able to extinguish the fire before crews arrived to the Parkway Plaza complex at about 2:30 p.m.
A neighbor apparently flicked a cigarette butt that landed on the balcony, catching items on fire, said Assistant Fire Chief Jeff Martin.
Martin said the fire was accidental.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.