State College police said a hazmat team and the Alpha Fire Company cleaned up a fuel leak Saturday afternoon from a private residence in the 1900 block of East College Avenue.
Police said a tank failure was the cause of the spill.
Residents in the area said they could smell fuel oil around the Lemont area most of Saturday afternoon. There were no reports of injuries.
It reportedly took officials about two hours to finish the cleanup.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Centre Daily Times