Planning for long term care is an easy thing to put off. Maybe you think you’re too young, can’t afford it or simply won’t need it. But if you want to help preserve your choices about future care and have retirement assets and personal savings to protect then, long term care insurance could be the right vehicle for you. Here are 5 logical and emotional reasons why it may make sense for you:
1. To enable you to stay in your home for a longer period of time—comprehensive long term care insurance offers you the option of staying in your own home for as long as possible which helps to preserve.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
2. To gain access to a professional care coordinator in a time of crisis. A professional can help you, and your family, coordinate your long term care needs, which may include locating services to help with a particular illness, injury or condition.
3. To relieve the burden of care from your loved ones.
4. To help leave your assets to your family, friends or charity-long term care services are expensive and, without proper planning, can quickly use up a lifetime of savings.
5. To stay with children without depending on them for care-long term care insurance may make it possible for a parent to stay in a child’s home without being dependent on him or her.
Join me this and every Saturday morning at 9AM for "it's Your Money", part of Coaches Corner, Saturday Morning Street Smarts, on Newstalk Radio, WBLF, 970 AM and FM Talk 103.7. Call our office: 814-867-5745 or send me an email at email@example.com. Our shows are now available on iTunes! Click here to subscribe to our free podcast.