The Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts released its 2017 collectable poster on Friday.
The vertical poster “features the festival’s jester standing shoulder to shoulder in a stylized central Pennsylvania landscape with the tower of Penn State’s Old Main in the background. A happy and radiant sunrise presides over the whole scene,” according to a press release from Arts Fest.
It was designed by Lanny Sommese, an emeritus professor of graphic design in Penn State’s College of Arts and Architecture.
He has designed the posters for Arts Fest for more than 30 years, the release said, and the entire collection of his festival posters is on display in the HUB-Robeson Center.
The poster is free and available at the following locations:
▪ Central Pennsylvania Convention and Visitors Bureau, 800 E. Park Ave., State College
▪ Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts, 403 S. Allen St., Suite 205A, State College
▪ HUB-Robeson Center desk, University Park
▪ Hintz Family Alumni Center, University Park
▪ Penn State Federal Credit Union, 1937 N. Atherton St., State College
▪ Juniata River Valley Visitors Bureau, 1 W. Market St., Lewistown
Arts Fest begins with Children and Youth Day on July 12, and the Sidewalk Sale and Exhibition runs July 13-16. The festival takes place in downtown State College and on Penn State’s campus.
For more information, visit www.arts-festival.com.