The Centre Daily Times took home two top prizes at the 49th annual Golden Quills Awards on Monday, including a “best of show” honor.
The competition is sponsored by the Press Club of Western Pennsylvania and recognizes excellence in journalism across the region and for print, online and broadcast outlets.
Judged among daily newspapers and wire services with circulation under 45,000, the CDT won first place in these categories:
• Enterprise /Investigative Article or Series: Staff, for coverage of the Jerry Sandusky trial.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Centre Daily Times
• Ray Sprigle Memorial Award (“Best of Show”): Staff, for coverage of the Jerry Sandusky trial.
The CDT had three other finalists:
• Heather Hottle, “Treating cancer a whole new way,” in the category Health/Science/Environment Article or Series.
• Staff, “Joe Paterno statue gone,” in the category Online Spot/Breaking News.
• Staff, “NCAA slams Penn State” in the category Spot/Breaking News.