An explosion in Centre Hall was reported to Centre County dispatch at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Initial dispatch calls said there was a reported house fire at 411 Pennsylvania Ave., though there was no blaze when firefighters arrived on scene, according to Centre County Fire Wire.
Fire Wire also said it was a possible propane explosion and that the building was evacuated “due to structural integrity.”
The fire marshal was called to the scene.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
State Route 144 was shut down at about 9:50 p.m. and drivers were advised to avoid the area.