For now, the trial for the former executive director of the Boal Mansion Museum remains scheduled June 1 and he stays detained.
Christopher Lee, 66, was back in U.S. Middle District Court on Tuesday, where he entered a not guilty plea to charges of production of child pornography and tampering with evidence.
Magistrate Judge William I. Arbuckle III said trial remains scheduled June 1 but noted that the defense has a pending motion to sever some of the charges.
Lee’s lawyer, Kyle Rude, said he plans to file a motion to again seek bail for his client based on new evidence he did not disclose.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Centre Daily Times
The charges on which Lee was arraigned were in a superseding indictment and carry a sentence of 10 to 30 years in jail.
They allege he enticed a minor in 2005 and 2006 to participate in sexually explicit conduct for the purpose of producing a video.
The other new count accuses Lee of participating with others in an attempt in October and November to “alter, destroy, mutilate and conceal” the contents of a cellular telephone to impair its integrity in a federal investigation. He was in jail at the time.
The former Harris Township supervisor also is awaiting trial on charges of enticing a minor to engage in sexual activity, transporting of a minor for sexual purposes and receiving and possessing child pornography from the original indictment.
The indictments were the result of an investigation started by State College police after they were told a 17-year-old boy allegedly had been sexually molested in the living quarters of the museum last spring.
At Lee’s bail hearing in November, Assistant U.S. Attorney Meredith Taylor said 70,000 images of child pornography and erotica had been discovered on a laptop computer and external hard drive seized during the investigation