• Senior vice president/Mid-Atlantic Employee Benefit Practice; Leader for Wells Fargo Insurance Services
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Centre Daily Times
• 1991, B.S.; 1996, MBA
• Chantilly, Va.
My objectives as a board member include:
• Regain the confidence and trust of Penn State alumni, faculty, staff, students and supporters with a focus on true transparency.
• Push the administration to replace the current public relations firm with one that takes a more aggressive stance in supporting Penn State University.
• Be an active participant in the hiring of a new university president. I will not be a “yes man” to the executive committee in the selection.
• Support the auditor general’s recommendations on board restructuring.
• I will work to ascertain all facts pertinent to the dismissal of Joe Paterno. Absent proof “without a shadow of a doubt” that Mr. Paterno committed a crime or violated the responsibilities entrusted to him by the university, I will lead efforts to restore his reputation, recognize the contributions he made to Penn State, and restore the memorial and statue to its location next to Beaver Stadium.
• I will work to make the university more fiscally efficient and more affordable. Currently Penn State is one of the most expensive, if not the most expensive, public university in the United States. It is imperative that the board of trustees direct the administration to plan and implement efforts to retain the value of a Penn State education while reducing its cost.