I would like to comment on Walter Beatty’s “Duped by Trump” (CDT, 6/19).
I am 89 and have made this same trip, more than 50 times. I find the communities of South Renovo and Renovo to be well kept, and the residents are not in a state of depression or “hand wringing, woe is me” mindset.
Here are three facts, not opinions:
First, I am a voting, registered member of the Republican Party and I have supported Donald Trump from the day he announced his candidacy for president. That means I support his policies and proposed changes.
Second, the haughty liberals fail to understand that education is no criteria for intelligence. That means the residents of State College are not alone in the possession of “brains,” good looks or ideas.
Third, residents residing in this area of northern Centre and Clinton counties are living there by choice. That means they are free to relocate at any time.
It appears to me that, to date, the folks mentioned in Beatty’s musings have supported a winner. Considering Mr. Beatty’s statements regarding the Affordable Care Act, let’s all watch future events, keeping these factors in mind, that without changes:
▪ The ACA costs keep rising
▪ The choices and competition for medical insurance keep shrinking
▪ If you like your plan and the government does not — you cannot keep your plan
▪ The ACA will impose $800 billion in tax increases in the next 10 years
▪ The ACA is expanding an already unsustainable Medicaid program.
Charles K. Criste, Ferguson Township