Bob Potter’s May 20 letter (“Rep. Thompson not accountable”) surprised me because U.S. Rep. Glenn Thompson constantly communicates with constituents throughout the 5th Congressional District.
As the director of communication for the Friends of Glenn Thompson, I would like to list some of the many ways Thompson makes himself available:
• When not in Washington, Thompson constantly meets with individuals and groups that schedule meetings. These groups range from MoveOn.org to tea party groups and everyone in between.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Centre Daily Times
• Tele-town meetings are at 7:30 p.m. the first Tuesday of every month. The 5th District covers 11,000 square miles — 24 percent of Pennsylvania’s land mass. Twelve calls averaging 10,000 to 30,000 constituents per call is much more efficient and respectful than promising just “two open town hall meetings a year.” Potter can call in by dialing 877-229-8493.
• The TeamGT Washington Roundup is a newsletter that summarizes what Thompson is accomplishing in Washington. Potter may sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The congressman’s campaign phone number is 574-9559. The “official” office phones are in Bellefonte, 353-0215; Titusville, 827-3985; and Washington, 202-225-5121.
• The campaign website is gtthompson.com; and the official website is thompson.house.gov; and the email address is email@example.com
Now Potter and others have the means to speak directly with those who can assist him.