Penn State's Justin Brown, Malcolm Willis and Matt Stankiewitch spoke with reporters today. Here are some notes from the interviews:
– Brown, a senior wide receiver, said starting quarterback candidates Rob Bolden, Paul Jones and Matt McGloin are receiving the same amount of practice reps this spring.
– The current playbook is a stark contrast to the previous one. “It's a lot more stuff than what we did in the past,” Brown said. “The past playbook was kind of simple. This one is a lot more creative.”
– The Big Ten Network will show the Blue-White game on tape delay at 8 p.m. April 21. The game is at 2 p.m. that same day. The network will stream the game live on BTN2Go and The Big Ten Digital Network.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Centre Daily Times
– Safety Malcolm Willis said that injuries to defensive backs Curtis Drake and Adrian Amos aren't serious. Drake and Amos didn't practice during the 30 minutes open to reporters on Wednesday.
– Center Matt Stankiewitch said offensive line meetings are being handled different this spring. The entire line meets together with line coach Mac McWhorter. The centers/guards and tackles were separated and had different coaches in the past.
– Stankiewitch endorsed new strength and conditioning program. “We are not in the weight room to become body builders,” he said. “We are in the weight room to become the best football players that we can be.”