– Coach Bill O'Brien met with a group of 20 sports editors and reporters Tuesday as part of the Associated Press Sports Editors Mid-Atlantic Regional at the Penn Stater.
– O'Brien said wide receiver Devon Smith has a sprained foot. Smith, who was seen at last Wednesday's practice riding a motorized scooter, will miss the remainder of spring drills.
– O'Brien said he watched offensive and defensive film of last year's Alabama game because he wanted to see how Penn State compared to a “national championship team.” O'Brien said earlier this spring he had not watched any offensive film from 2011.
– Linebacker Mike Mauti wouldn't put a percentage of his recovery from an ACL injury he suffered he last year's Eastern Michigan game. But Mauti said that if the April 21 Blue-White scrimmage was a real game he would be playing.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Centre Daily Times
– Mike Farrell said he started the spring at left tackle and has been moved to the right side in recent practices. Adam Gress is currently working at left tackle.
– Farrell said junior Eric Shrive is working at second-team guard. Shrive was a highly-touted recruit from District 2 West Scranton.
– Guard John Urschel said sophomore Miles Dieffenbach and freshman Donovan Smith are two young offensive line who are showing improvement this spring.