1. Michigan State (7-1, 4-0) — Spartans have had a week to get ready for East Division showdown. They’re eighth in the College Football Playoff rankings.
2. Wisconsin (6-2, 3-1) — Rolling Badgers have won three straight and will likely make it four today against Purdue. Wisconsin defense is allowing just 16.6 points per game.
3. Ohio State (7-1, 4-0) — Buckeyes have scored 50 or more in five of the last six games. They’re 14th in the College Football Playoff rankings.
4. Nebraska (8-1, 3-1) — Cornhuskers have a week off to prepare for showdown with Badgers and get injured tailback Ameer Abdullah healthy.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Centre Daily Times
5. Iowa (6-2, 3-1) — Hawkeyes are giving up just 20 points per game heading into key game with Minnesota on Saturday.
6. Minnesota (6-2, 3-1) — After a week off to recover from upset loss to Illinois, Gophers host Iowa on Saturday.
7. Maryland (5-3, 3-2) — Terrapins have a week off to celebrate first-ever win in Beaver Stadium. They’ll want to shake hands with Michigan State next week.
8. Michigan (4-5, 2-3) — Fresh off a romp over Indiana, Wolverines look to get back to .500 overall and in league with a win over Northwestern.
9. Northwestern (3-5, 2-3) — Wildcats appeared to have things figured out, but have dropped three straight.
10. Penn State (4-4, 1-4) — Nittany Lions have tailor-made opponent in Indiana to end four-game skid.
11. Rutgers (5-4, 1-4) — Scarlet Knights have a week off to contemplate dropping three straight.
12. Illinois (4-5, 1-4) — Fighting Illini have one more week to celebrate their upset win over Minnesota.
13. Purdue (3-6, 1-4) — Boilermakers have dropped three straight and will host Wisconsin, which features the nation’s third-best scoring defense (14.1 ppg).
14. Indiana (3-5, 0-4) — Hoosiers are only team without a conference win and have averaged 17.5 yards passing the past two games.