Penn State Soccer

Penn State women’s soccer: Rodriguez racks up votes for award

Penn State’s Raquel Rodriguez added another honor to her collection of soccer accolates on Thursday.

The rising senior and 2014 Big Ten Midfielder of the Year was named the Women’s College Boot Supporter’s Choice award winner after capturing the popular vote of the Soccer News Net national player of the year poll. The online vote accounts for 40 percent of the vote total, with the other 60 percent cast by the Soccer News Net staff. The winner will be announced next week.

She netted seven goals in 18 games, helping the Nittany Lions reach the NCAA quarterfinals. She also scored three goals in helping the Costa Rican national team become the first Central American squad to qualify for the Women’s World Cup.

  Comments