Eat, Play, Live



First Energy serves the county through its subsidiaries West Penn Power and Penelec and can be reached at 800-686-0021 or 800-545-7741.

There is also a form to make a request for service at Click on “turn on service” on the left side of the site.

To compare suppliers and their current offers, visit the state Office of Consumer Advocate at and follow the link to “Residential Electric Shopping Guide.”


Call Verizon at 800-660-2215. You can complete an application over the phone or shop for services at

Also providing phone service in the borough of State College is Windstream Communications at or 866-454-1986.

Vonage ( or 855-833-7144) and Comcast ( or 800-266-2278) also provide long-distance via broadband for many municipalities.


Television content providers include:

•  Comcast, 800-266-2278 or

•  Windstream Communications, 866-454-1986 or

•  Direct TV, 855-229-4388 or

•  Dish Network, 888-610-2814 or

•  Tele-Media Co., 353-2025 or

(serves Zion- and Snow Shoe-area residents)

•  Country Cable TV or 359-3161 (serves Julian and Unionville)

•  Millheim TV Transmission Co., 349-4837 (serves Millheim)

•  Verizon Fios, 855-344-5769


In addition to many national providers, several local companies provide residents with Internet options. Some of these options are:

•  Comcast, 800-266-2278 or

•, 867-2100 or

•, 877-716-2002 or

•, 689-9000 or

•  Verizon Fios, 855-344-5769 or


Call Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania Inc. at 888-460-4332 or


In many cases, the landlord will take care of water and sewer services. If not, or if you’re building a house, contact your municipality or the Centre County Planning and Community Development Office at 355-6791.