The Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts on Friday released its 2016 collectible poster.
The 2- by 3-foot poster, designed by Lanny Sommese, features the Arts Fest’s jester driving a carful of his friends through Pennsylvania woodlands to the festival. The group’s purple sedan also features a string bass and giant paintbrush strapped to the roof.
A news release from Arts Fest organizers said a limited number of the posters also will be available in black and white so people can color their own posters and share on social media using the hashtag #myartsfestposter.
The free poster is available at several locations, including:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Centre Daily Times
▪ Chamber of Business and Industry of Centre County, 131 S. Fraser St., State College
▪ Central Pennsylvania Convention and Visitors Bureau, 800 E. Park Ave., State College
▪ Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts, 403 S. Allen St., Suite 205A, State College
▪ HUB-Robeson Center desk, Penn State campus
▪ Hintz Family Alumni Center, Penn State campus
▪ Penn State Federal Credit Union, 1937 N. Atherton St., State College
▪ Juniata River Valley Visitors Bureau, 1 W. Market St., Lewistown
Sommese, an emeritus professor of graphic design at Penn State, has designed the Arts Fest posters for more than 30 years. All of his posters are on display in Penn State’s HUB-Robeson Center.
Arts Fest is set for July 13-17 in downtown State College and on the Penn State campus.