Five fire companies were dispatched for reports of a fire in the 300 block of Hughes Street in Bellefonte shortly after 5 a.m. Thursday.
Fire crews were able to keep the fire from spreading beyond a dryer and the clothes inside. Operations at the scene were wrapped up by about 6 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
Undine, Logan and Pleasant Gap fire companies received the initial call at 5:12 a.m., and Citizen's and Walker fire companies were paged about 10 minutes later.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Centre Daily Times
No further information was immediately available.