Local

Coburn home damaged in fire

House fire in Coburn

Firefighters responded to a house fire Wednesday in Coburn.
Up Next
Firefighters responded to a house fire Wednesday in Coburn.

Dozens of first responders were called to a house fire Wednesday in Coburn.

The fire occurred at about 10:05 a.m. at 280 Coburn Road and took about 20 minutes to put out, according to Millheim Fire Chief Delmer Homan.

According to Homan, the homeowner was inside the house at the time of the fire but was not injured. A neighbor who saw flames on the roof called in the fire.

The fire was likely caused by a wood burner stove, Homan said. The cause of the fire will not be officially determined until the fire marshal completes an investigation.

The blaze began in the first-floor kitchen and spread up the back of the house and into a second-floor bedroom and attic, where most of the fire damage occurred. The house also sustained smoke and water damage.

Residents of the home will be displaced for an unknown period of time due to the damage, which Homan said could be repaired.

Firefighters worked for about an hour to maintain control of hot spots inside the house, on walls and the roof.

West Penn Power, Penns Valley EMS and Miles, Centre Hall, Pleasant Gap, Alpha and Boalsburg fire companies also responded to the fire.

Shawn Annarelli: 814-235-3928, @Shawn_Annarelli

  Comments