A fire reported at about 4 p.m. Tuesday in Miles Township caused the total loss of a building, according to Miles Township Fire Company Assistant Fire Chief Jason Bartlebaugh.
The blaze on the 100 block of Madisonburg Pike caused a barn fire. The barn had been turned into a garage and storage space with at least one car and a motorcycle.
Bartlebaugh said the homeowners were burning trash in a fire ring near the building when wind blew the fire into the barn, causing it to ignite. No one was seriously injured, though one homeowner was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
Centre and Clinton County firefighters responded to the fire and had it under control within an hour. They were still hosing down hot spots at about 5:30 p.m.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Centre Daily Times