Viewing and funeral plans were scheduled for the Penn State student who died from electrocution Friday, according to her obituary.
Shannon Angel Mathers, 21, of Warrington, died Friday when she grabbed a high-voltage wire and fell off an apartment’s roof, State College police Lt. Brad Smail told the Centre Daily Times Saturday.
“Relatives and friends are invited to Shannon’s funeral Mass 11 a.m. Friday ... at St. Robert Bellarmine Church, 856 Euclid Ave. in Warrington,” according to her obituary. “The family will receive friends Thursday, 5 to 8 p.m. at the Shelly Funeral Home, 1460 Easton Road in Warrington and 10 to 11 am Friday at the church. Interment will follow Mass in Lawnview Cemetery.”
Her obituary said she is survived by her parents, sister, paternal grandmother, maternal grandparents and aunts, uncles and cousins.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Mathers was a Penn State student and 2013 Central Bucks School District graduate, her obituary said. She volunteered as an EMT with Centre LifeLink EMS and worked at Bradley’s Restaurant and Mount Nittany Medical Center.
“In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, www.lls.org or the Centre LifeLink EMS, P.O. Box 272, State College, PA 16804, www.centrelifelink.com,” her obituary said.
“She was a really nice girl, and (it) is a huge loss for us,” Centre LifeLink paramedic and supervisor Frank Cianfrani told the CDT Saturday. Mathers took an EMT course in the summer of 2015 with Cianfrani, who said she was one of his best students.
“She just loved what she did, and was willing and eager to care for patients,” he said. “I think that was all part of her warm personality — just to help people, and learn from that experience.”