Penn State student William Denton, 19, died of a multidrug overdose in his Miller Hall dorm room last month, according to Centre County coroner Scott Sayers. The death was ruled as accidental.
Denton, who was a second-year student, was found dead on Jan. 8 after his family requested a welfare check after losing contact with him, Penn State spokeswoman Lisa Powers previously told the Centre Daily Times.
Denton was an undergraduate student studying health policy and administration. He was also a member of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity. The fraternity members organized a candlelight vigil at Old Main on Jan. 18 to remember Denton.
The Centre County Can Help hotline, which can be reached by calling 800-643-5432, is available to anyone in Centre County who might be having a drug, alcohol or mental health crisis.